* provides students with the practical skills they need to write confidently and effectively for different purposes and audiences
* examines the conventions and styles of different types of original writing, such as writing to entertain, writing to inform and writing to persuade
* looks at a wide range of examples of successful writing, including extracts from The Office, Health Education leaflets, Kerrang! and students' own work
* includes a guide to planning and writing commentaries
* explores problematic areas and includes advice from experts in a range of areas, from radio to song writing.
Written by an experienced teacher, author and AS and A2 Level examiner, Original Writing is an essential resource for students of AS and A2 Level.