Patterns of entrepreneurship
Launch this year's most important new venture--your entrepreneurial career!
Few things are more exciting and challenging than starting your own business. But before you can go public, you'll need practical skills and real-world experience. That's why Jack Kaplan and new coauthor Anthony Warren take a highly applied approach to entrepreneurship.
In Patterns of Entrepreneurship, Second Edition, the authors involve you in real cases, allowing you to think through various aspects of launching a new business, just as if you were running the company. They present key issues from a practitioner's point of view, and equip you with the skills, tools, and framework you need to succeed.
Now revised, their Second Edition includes four new chapters: Chapter 5, Financing the Closely Held Company; Chapter 6, Equity Financing for High Growth; Chapter 8, Business Models; and Chapter 12, Communicating the Opportunity and Making a Presentation.
* A Focus on Real Entrepreneurs. Examples and case studies demonstrate the problems and solutions that real entrepreneurs have encountered in their own businesses.
* A Clear Road Map for Success. The book's road-map framework identifies practical tasks that you will accomplish as you work through the four stages of entrepreneurship: starting the venture, financing, implementation, and launching entrepreneurial businesses.
* Opportunities for Practice. Examples and exercises provide you with opportunities to apply skills before actually launching a business.
* Insights from Experienced Entrepreneurs. The authors share the experience and wisdom they gained from launching their own successful ventures.
* Extensive Supplemental Material. Additional cases, audio interviews, demonstrations of financial concepts, sample business plans, and legal documents are all available on the book's website.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
STARTING THE VENTURE
The Art of InnovationDeveloping Ideas
12 other sections not shown
Other editions - View all
Patterns of Entrepreneurship Management, 5th Edition
Jack M. Kaplan,Anthony C. Warren
Limited preview - 2016
Patterns of Entrepreneurship Management, 4th Edition
Jack M. Kaplan,Anthony C. Warren
No preview available - 2012
agreement analysis angel investors application assets attorney bank breakeven business model business plan cash flow Chapter common stock company's competitive competitors corporation costs create customers D-Marc debt document employees entrepreneur Entrepreneurship equity example exit strategy expenses fees filing firm franchise funding growth idea income income statement incubators industry innovation intellectual property Internet investment investors liabilities licensing loan management team marketing plan million Netflix offering operations opportunity owners ownership partners partnership patent percent potential prepare prior art product or service profit programs protection purchase ratio registration revenue ROADMAP ACTIONS S-Corporation sell Series A Preferred shareholders shares Small Business smart cards sole proprietorship sources startup startup companies strategy success suppliers surf surfers Surfparks trade secret trademark USPTO usually valuation venture capital