Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Peerage Of England: Containing A Genealogical And Historical Account Of ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2021
The Peerage of England: Containing a Genealogical and Historical ..., 1. kötet
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2012
afterwards Anne appointed arms army August Baron Bishop body born brother buried called castle Cavendish Charles chief church command commons constituted continued council court dated daughter death December died Duke Earl Edward eldest elected Elizabeth England father February fifth forces fourth France French Garter gave George give Grace grant Hamilton heir Henry Henry VIII History honour Howard Ireland issue Italy James January John July June King King's kingdom Knight Lady lands late leaving letters lieutenant lived London Lord Lordship Majesty Majesty's Manners manor March Margaret Marquis marriage married Mary noble Norfolk November October parliament peers person present Prince Queen received reign returned Richard Robert royal says Scotland sent September Seymour Sir John Sir William Somerset sons soon succeeded Sunderland third Thomas thought took wife
365. oldal - Divi Britannici, being a remark upon the lives of all the kings of this isle, from the year of the world 2855, unto the year of grace 1660.
397. oldal - Neither is there wanting daily, handsome occasion to retire, were it not for grinning honour. For let occasion be never so handsome, unless a man were resolved to fight on the parliament side, which, for my part, I had rather be hanged, it will be said without doubt, that a man is afraid to fight. If there could be an expedient found to salve the punctilio of honour, I would not continue here an hour. The discontent that I and other honest men receive daily, is beyond expression.
189. oldal - first son, and the heirs male of his body ; and in default of such issue, to the use of...
330. oldal - Immediately I fell on his rear with my three troops ; which did so astonish him, that he gave over the chase, and would fain have delivered himself from me. But I pressing on forced them...
213. oldal - she was a woman of great beauty, but most enormously vicious and ravenous; foolish, but imperious ; very uneasy to the King, and always carrying on intrigues with other men, while yet she pretended she was jealous of him.
347. oldal - February 1689, passed by an overwhelming majority with only one vote against, which stated that King James the Second having endeavoured to subvert the Constitution of the Kingdom, by breaking the original contract between King and People; and by the advice of Jesuits and other wicked Persons, having violated the fundamental laws and withdrawn himself out of the Kingdom hath abdicated the Government, and that the Throne is thereby vacant.
236. oldal - A Century of the Names and Scantlings of such Inventions, as at present I can call to mind to have tried and perfected...
372. oldal - Encrease of his Powers multiplied his Victories. At the opening of the next Campaign, when all his Army was not yet...
340. oldal - Protestant re" ligion, are in great danger from Popery, and " that either this Parliament must suppress the " power and growth of Popery, or else that " Popery will soon destroy, not only Parliament, " but all that is near and dear to us.