People and Self Management
People and Self Management leads the reader through all the skills needed for today's supervisor/team leader, including:
* how to assess and improve your workplace performance;
* the essential skills of effective self management;
* the management of change.
The Team Leader Development Series is an essential tool towards gaining the Supervisory Management Award. Consisting of four practical and interactive textbooks, this series will be invaluable not only to students, but also as a guide individuals and organisations seeking to improve their business performance at the first level of management.
Key learning features:
* Learning Objectives to enable the reader to assess the knowledge gained throughout the series.
* Activities to put the learning into practice.
* Case studies - 'true-life' scenarios!
* Workbased Assignments which will provide evidence for S/NVQ portfolios.
* Language is straightforward and direct, contextualised to relate to team leaders and supervisory managers working in a wide range of industry sectors.
* Influential protagonists in the field will be alluded to as appropriate to support the learning.
* Action plan to take the learning forward.
Easily accesssible and interactive learning content.
Covers all the key topics for students studying for a supervisory management and S/NVQ Level 3 award with NEBS Management, Edexcel, ISM or IM.
Essential reading for individuals and organisations seeking to improve their business performance at the first level of management.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
1 The job of a team leader
2 Team leaders and organizations
4 Recruiting and selecting your team
5 Leading your team
6 Training and developing your team
7 Assessing and developing your own performance
8 Managing yourself
Other editions - View all
achieve action plan Analyse appraisal system assertive ASSESSING AND DEVELOPING behaviour Butterworth-Heinemann NEBS Management chapter coaching communication conﬂict counselling culture decision delegation DEVELOPING YOUR TEAM disciplinary procedure effective employee ensure evaluate example experience Feedback section feel grievance procedure Hawthorne Experiments Hygiene factors identify important improve individual’s individuals involved job analysis job description job enrichment job role job rotation John Adair leadership learner Learning objectives learning style line manager List look mentor monitor motivation NEBS Management 1997 on-the-job organization’s organizational culture performance permission of Bankers person personnel specification problem RECRUITING AND SELECTING relationships responsibility Sally Palmer 1996 section for answer SELECTING YOUR TEAM senior managers shown in Figure Skills by Sally solving staff stages structure Super Series supervisors SWOT analysis task team leader team members Theory X trade union TRAINING AND DEVELOPING Transactional analysis understand wasters work-based assignment workteam