Pneumatologia; Or, A Discourse Concerning the Holy Spirit: Wherein an Account is Given of His Name, Nature, Personality, Dispensation, Operations, and Effects: His Whole Work in the Old and New Creation is Explained; and the Doctrine Concerning it Vindicated ...
Woodward, 1810 - 338 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according actual apostle appear assurance authority believers blessed blood body called cause Church cleansing commands communication concerning condition consider consideration consists continually conversation corrupt darkness dead death defilement direct divine doctrine duty effects efficacy election endeavour eternal evidence evil exercise express faith Father fear flesh fruits gifts give given glory God's Gospel grace hath heart Hence Holy Ghost Holy Spirit immediate inclinations intended interest Jesus Christ John kind knowledge light live Lord lusts manner matter means mind ministry moral nature necessary ness never obedience object observe occasions operations ourselves particular perform persons pray prayer present principle promise proved reason receive regeneration requires respect revealed rule sanctification Scripture sealed sense sins soul sufficient teaching things tion true truth understanding unto virtue whereby wherein whole wisdom wrought
120. oldal - For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring: And they shall spring up as among the grass, as willows by the water courses.
50. oldal - And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots : " And the Spirit of the Lord s'hall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge, and of the fear of the Lord...
190. oldal - Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever.
24. oldal - Lo, these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him? but the thunder of his power who can understand?
11. oldal - But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now, if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.
226. oldal - For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee. The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
228. oldal - But unto the wicked God saith, What hast thou to do to declare my statutes, or that thou shouldest take my covenant in thy mouth? 17 Seeing thou hatest instruction, and castest my words behind thee.
viii. oldal - And I will pray the FATHER, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever ; even the Spirit of truth ; Whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him : but ye know Him ; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless : I will come to you.
325. oldal - My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee, so that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding ; if thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures ; then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.