Practical Time-frequency Analysis: Gabor and Wavelet Transforms with an Implementation in S
Time frequency analysis has been the object of intense research activity in the last decade. This book gives a self-contained account of methods recently introduced to analyze mathematical functions and signals simultaneously in terms of time and frequency variables. The book gives a detailed presentation of the applications of these transforms to signal processing, emphasizing the continuous transforms and their applications to signal analysis problems, including estimation, denoising, detection, and synthesis. To help the reader perform these analyses, Practical Time-Frequency Analysis provides a set of useful tools in the form of a library of S functions, downloadable from the authors' Web sites in the United States and France.
* Detailed presentation of the Wavelet and Gabor transforms
* Applications to deterministic and random signal theory
* Spectral analysis of nonstationary signals and processes
* Numerous practical examples ranging from speech analysis to underwater acoustics, earthquake engineering, internet traffic, radar signal denoising, medical data interpretation, etc
* Accompanying software and data sets, freely downloadable from the book's Web page
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.