Preparing for Weight Loss Surgery: Therapist Guide
Obesity has quickly become an American epidemic. People suffering from significant overweight often have to contend with a lifetime of significant comorbidities, social stigma, and lower quality of life. Recently, more and more people are undergoing weight loss surgery as a way to resolve these issues.
If you are working with pre- or post-operative bariatric surgery patients, your goal is to teach them the skills they need to ensure themselves a successful surgical outcome. After surgery, patients are required to adhere to a strict diet and the very specific recommendations of their surgical "team." Without a high level of commitment from the patient to follow these recommendations, the potential for maintained weight loss after surgery is very limited.
Preparing for Your Weight Loss Surgery, Therapist Guide contains a series of scientifically tested cognitive-behavioral techniques to help you prepare your patient for the post-operative challenges of creating radically changed eating and lifestyle habits. It provides instructions for teaching your patient basic problem-solving and cognitive restructuring methods that will change their negative thoughts and attitudes about food. Interactive forms including food records and checklists, body image journals, and homework assignments found in the corresponding patient workbook round out this comprehensive treatment package.
TreatmentsThatWorkTM represents the gold standard of behavioral healthcare interventions!
· All programs have been rigorously tested in clinical trials and are backed by years of research
· A prestigious scientific advisory board, led by series Editor-In-Chief David H. Barlow, reviews and evaluates each intervention to ensure that it meets the highest standard of evidence so you can be confident that you are using the most effective treatment available to date
· Our books are reliable and effective and make it easy for you to provide your clients with the best care available
· Our corresponding workbooks contain psychoeducational information, forms and worksheets, and homework assignments to keep clients engaged and motivated
· A companion website (www.oup.com/us/ttw) offers downloadable clinical tools and helpful resources
· Continuing Education (CE) Credits are now available on select titles in collaboration with PsychoEducational Resources, Inc. (PER)
What people are saying - Write a review
After readig this book I asked myself the following:
How to Lose Weight Fast ?
How to Lose Weight the Healthy Way?
Lose 35 lbs in 4 weeks ! I found Cathy successful story on this blog
She inspired me with a real example!
Some excerpts from her diary:
- how to get abs
- yoga for athletes
- weight loss puranol
- healthy inspiration weight loss
- suzanne somers weight loss program
Introductory Information for Therapists
Understanding Your Patients Eating Behavior
Helping Your Patient Keep Track of His or Her Eating
Educating Your Patient About Weighing Behaviors
Pleasurable Alternative Activities
Challenging Eating Situations People Places and Foods
Teaching Your Patient About Problem Solving and Cognitive Restructuring