Pro Tools for Music Production: Recording, Editing and Mixing
Pro Tools for Music Production is a definitive guide to the system for new and professional users. Extensively illustrated in colour and packed with time saving hints and tips, you will want to keep to hand as a constant source of information. The book takes a real-world approach and shows how to build the right system to suit your needs. Detailed chapters on recording, editing and mixing blend essential knowledge with tutorials and practical examples from actual recordings.
The second edition features a wealth of new and updated material, including:
· Pro Tools HD systems explained
· Pro Tools 6.1 software (and up to version 6.2.3)
· Mac OSX installation and troubleshooting
· A new chapter on MIDI
· Additional and expanded tutorials
· More on Identify Beat, Beat Detective and tempo maps
· Extra coverage of plug-ins and virtual instruments
· How to use Propellerheads Reason and Ableton Live with Pro Tools
· What you need to know about the new file management capabilities
· How to transfer projects between Pro Tools and other MIDI and audio software, and between Pro Tools TDM on the Mac and Pro Tools LE on the PC
Pro Tools for Music Production is a vital source of reference to keep by your side, whether you are a working professional or a serious hobbyist looking for professional results.
* Get creative with recording, editing and mixing projects and unlock the potential of your system!
* Become an expert on Pro Tools, its third party components and discover how to maintain a healthy computer system
* Colour-illustrated and now including HD systems and Pro Tools 6.2 software
What people are saying - Write a review
Can't believe you took the time to write about the cost of the book… You could have
spent the time looking for the book you want.
I can't believe they want $49 for a book about software that is hugely superseded. Pro Tools is up to version 10. No one has used version 6 for the last 8 years.
1 Pro Tools the Worlds Leading Digital Audio Workstation
2 The Evolution of Pro Tools a Historical Perspective
3 Pro Tools TDM Systems
4 The Computer System
5 Recording and Editing MIDI
9 Audio Plugins