Proceedings of the Royal Colonial Institute, 28. kötet
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
able administration Africa ARTHUR bacteria Bank believe British British Guiana butter Canada Cape Colony carried Ceylon CHARLES Club Coast Company considerable Court cows dairy desire Durban duty EDWARD Empire England exports fact feel foreign Gardens GEORGE give Gold Government HENRY hope House Imperial important income increased India industry Institute interest Jamaica JAMES Johannesburg JOHN Lagos land Library London Lord matter meeting Melbourne Messrs milk Natal native Office P.O. Box Pall Mall Park person Port possible practical present produce Proprietors Queensland question railway received referred regard respect result Road ROBERT Royal Secretary Society South Australia South Wales Square Street Sydney taken THOMAS Town trade Transvaal United United Kingdom Victoria West Western Australia whole Zealand
366. oldal - Now KNOW YE, that We, being desirous of encouraging a design so laudable and salutary, of our especial Grace, certain knowledge, and mere motion, have willed, granted and declared, and Do, by these Presents, for us, our heirs, and successors, will, grant and declare, that the said...
368. oldal - And We do hereby grant our especial licence and authority unto all and every person and persons, bodies politic and corporate, (otherwise competent,) to grant, sell, alien, and convey in mortmain, unto and to the use of the said Society, and their successors, any messuages, lands, tenements, or hereditaments, not exceeding such annual value as aforesaid.
371. oldal - Society, or any meeting thereof, or by the Council, contrary to the general scope or true intent and meaning of this Our Charter, or the laws or statutes of Our Realm, and anything done contrary to this present clause shall be void.
153. oldal - The Minutes of the last Annual General Meeting were read and confirmed. The Annual Report of the Council, which had been previously circulated amongst the Fellows, was taken as read.
368. oldal - Fellows to be held in accordance with this Our Charter shall, subject to the provisions of this Our Charter, have the entire management and direction of the concerns of the Institute. 4.
233. oldal - In the wide dominions of the Queen the doors of the temple of Janus are never closed, and it is a gigantic task that we have undertaken when we have determined to wield the sceptre of empire. Great is the task, great is the responsibility, but great is the honour ; and...
362. oldal - I have had the honour to lay before The Queen the loyal and dutiful Address of the President...
189. oldal - It was also announced that Donations to the Library of books, maps, &c., had been received from the various Governments of the Colonies and India, Societies and public bodies both in the United Kingdom and the Colonies, and from Fellows of the Institute and others. The names of Mr.
367. oldal - Society," may, notwithstanding the statutes of mortmain, take, purchase, hold and enjoy to them and their successors a hall, or house, and any such messuages...