The didactic presentation of the material makes this book an essential bench-top tool not only for specialists in organic chemistry, but also for students and all those involved in the preparation of organic molecules.
- A critical survey of the most used protecting groups, as used by organic chemists
- Organization based on functional groups: hydroxyl ; diol; carbonyl; carboxyl; amine
- Special emphasis placed on deprotection conditions applied to complex structures where selectivity is a prime issue
- Transformations accompanied by key experimental details
- Examples from the recent literature span a wide domain of organic synthesis
- Over 500 schemes aid visual retrieval
- End-of-chapter list reviews which amplify topics covered.