Putting Together Professional Portfolios
With the increasing emphasis on continuing professional development for teachers and all educational practitioners, the use of portfolios to plan, chart and review professional development is now widespread.
Drawing directly from their experience of developing portfolios and portfolio-based assessment, and from current research, this book enables the reader to:
- design and plan a portfolio
- chart and analyse relevant professional experiences
- reflect critically on practice
- assess performance against standards and competences frameworks
- present evidence of practice and achievements
- plan their continuing professional development
There are Chapter Objectives, Key Questions and Tasks in every chapter, which adds to the practical focus of the book.
An essential read for teachers, teaching assistants, any practitioner assembling a Continuing Professional Department (CPD) portfolio, those working towards further qualifications such as Chartered Teacher status, newly qualified and probationary teachers and anyone involved in supporting and mentoring CPD.
What people are saying - Write a review
2 Professional Learning
3 Writing a Professional Autobiography
4 Action Learning
5 Reflection as Learning
6 Recording Learning and Practice