Qualitative Research Methods: Collecting Evidence, Crafting Analysis, Communicating Impact
Qualitative Research Methods is a comprehensive, all-inclusive resource for the theory and practice of qualitative/ethnographic research methodology.
What people are saying - Write a review
This book is one of the best--if not THE best for teaching qualitative methods. For example:
1. It is incredibly systematic in its approach--and this is vitally important for students--especially those new to the approach.
2. The "Tips and Tools," "Exercises," "Researcher's Notepads"--and particularly the "Following, Forgetting, and Improvising" sections within each chapter are innovative and interesting.
3. The instructor's resources include class activities, worksheets that can be used either in or out of the classroom, and a test bank with multiple choice, short answer, and essay questions.
3. The examples and stories are engaging, relevant, and fun to read. Tracy uses many examples from her own research, as well as from many other scholars. This impresses students, but more important, they get a real sense of what a variety of qualitative studies might look like from beginning to end.
4. It's a great field guide for new and experienced researchers--I've learned a great deal from it--particularly in terms of making explicit practices I've used but have not always articulated very well. A "must have" for any teacher or scholar of qualitative research!
Other editions - View all
Qualitative Research Methods: Collecting Evidence, Crafting Analysis ...
Sarah J. Tracy
Limited preview - 2012