Registration Cases: Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the King's Bench Division of the High Court of Justice, and on Appeal Therefrom in the Court of Appeal from Michaelmas Sittings, 1895...
31 Vict 42 Vict appellant appellant's apply Barrister was wrong borough of Pembroke church churchwardens claimant Colt Court held cubicle decision declaration disqualified Division duly dwelling dwelling-house evidence fact Fishguard FITTALL Fox & Smith franchise Frank Herbert freehold given government register Haverfordwest Hopw inhabitant occupier James Avery James Beavers judgment KENT KILLOWEN landlord Lawson's Notes list of voters lodger claims LORD ALVERSTONE LORD RUSSELL mistake Monk Street Municipal Registration Act notice of objection objector opinion overseers owner ownership Parliamentary and Municipal parliamentary borough parliamentary register parochial electors parochial register Pembroke and Haverfordwest person objected pew rents place of abode poor rate premises primâ facie purpose qualification qualifying period qualifying property question rateable Reform Act register of electors Registration Order residence respondent Revising Barrister Revising Barrister's rooms RUSSELL OF KILLOWEN schedule sect section 28 SODEN statute sub-section tenant tenements tion Town Clerk vicar
266. oldal - An Act to amend the Representation of the People in Scotland ; " and in Schedule A of the Representation of the People (Scotland) Act, 1868. 61. The provisions of the Act of the session of the second and third years of the reign of King William the Fourth, chapter sixty-five...
423. oldal - Every man shall be entitled to be registered as a voter, and, when registered, to vote for a member or members to serve in Parliament for a...
44. oldal - For the purposes of this Act a woman shall not be disqualified by marriage for being on any local government register of electors, or for being an elector of any local authority, provided that a husband and wife shall not both be qualified in respect of the same property.
2. oldal - I HEREBY give you notice, that I object to your name being retained on the list...
106. oldal - Person shall be entitled to be registered in any Year as a Voter in the Election of a Member or Members to serve in any future Parliament for any City or Borough who shall within Twelve Calendar Months next previous to the last Day of July in such Year have received Parochial Relief or other Alms which by the Law of Parliament now disqualify from voting in the Election of Members to serve in Parliament.
468. oldal - Where a man himself inhabits any dwelling-house by virtue of any office, service or employment, and the dwelling-house is not inhabited by any person under whom such man serves in such office, service, or employment, he shall be deemed for the purposes of this Act and of the Representation of the People Acts to be an inhabitant occupier of such dwelling-house as a tenant.
63. oldal - Acts referred to in this section, where an occupier is entitled to the sole and exclusive use of any part of a house, that part shall not be deemed to be occupied otherwise than separately by reason only that the occupier is entitled to the joint use of some other part.
363. oldal - ... during the Time of such Occupation been rated as an ordinary Occupier in respect of the Premises so occupied by him within the Borough to all Rates (if any) made for the Relief of the Poor in respect of such Premises; and 4.