Relationship Marketing in Sports
Relationship Marketing in Sports is the first book to consider the important topic of relationship marketing in a sports context by discussing and reformulating the principles of relationship marketing and by demonstrating how relationship marketing can be successfully applied in practice within a sports context. Written by a unique author team of academic and practitioner experience, the book provides the reader with:
- case studies from around the world to provide a uniquely global approach applicable worldwide
- strong pedagogical features including learning outcomes, overviews, discussion questions, glossary, guided reading and web links
- practical advice for professional, semi-professional and non-professional sporting organisations.
Relationship Marketing in Sports is crucial reading for both students and professionals alike and marks a turning point in the marketing of sports.
André Bühler is Head of Market Research at the world's leading sports research consultancy IFM Sports, Germany. After studying International Business and Management, Business Psychology and Marketing at Nürtingen University (Germany), he obtained a PhD in the field of sports marketing at the University of Plymouth (UK) and worked as a Research & Scholarship Consultant for the Heidelberg International Business Academy. He has published numerous papers on sports management and contributed to various books on sports marketing.
Gerd Nufer is Professor of Marketing and Management at ESB Business School, Reutlingen University and Associate Professor of Marketing at FOM Stuttgart, Germany. Previously he worked as a project leader for an international strategy and marketing consultancy and as a key account manager for a large marketing research company. His research foci are Event Marketing and Management, Sponsorship, Ambush Marketing and Sports Marketing and Management in general.
Simon Chadwick, Series Editor, is Professor of Sport Business Strategy and Marketing, Coventry University, UK.
* The first text to address this crucial component of the sports marketing mix
* Includes strong pedagogical features including learning outcomes, overviews, global case studies, discussion questions, glossary, guided reading and web links to engage students' interest
* Supplemented by a companion website providing web links, case studies and PowerPoint slides to save lecturers time preparing teaching materials
What people are saying - Write a review
Chapter 1 introduction
Chapter 2 the principles of relationship marketing
Chapter 3 professional sporting organisations and their relationships
Chapter 4 relationship marketing in sports the fan perspective
Chapter 5 relationship marketing in sports the sponsor perspective
Chapter 6 relationship marketing in sports the media perspective