Report, 30. kötet
Indiana Department of Geology and Natural Resources, 1905 - 8 oldal
Includes an unnumbered report for 1879-80 with the Indiana geological report "from the second Annual report of the Bureau of Statistics and Geology."
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
15 feet 20 per cent acres amount Annual average bank bed of gravel beneath Blue bluff bottom boulder building cementing cent central chert clay coarse sand considerable contains corner covered Creek crushed cubic yards deep deposit depth east extent farm feet flood plain four grade gravel gravel pit half hard hauled hill improved roads inches Indiana known land layers less limestone located medium sand miles Miles of improved moraine northeast quarter northwest obtained occurs opened original cost outcrops oxidation pack percentages pike portion present probably quarry quarter of section ranging repairs ridge River road material rock running samples sand and gravel shale shows side sizes soil southeast southern southwest square stone stream stripping surface taken terrace tests thick Township underlain underlying valley wear yards
90. oldal - Along the calf-paths of the mind, And work away from sun to sun To do what other men have done. They follow in the beaten track, And out and in, and forth and back, And still their devious course pursue, To keep the path that others do. But how the wise old wood-gods laugh, Who saw the first primeval calf! Ah ! many things this tale might teach, — But I am not ordained to preach.
90. oldal - The road became a village street, And this, before men were aware, A city's crowded thoroughfare. And soon the central street was this Of a renowned metropolis, And men two centuries and a half Trod in the footsteps of that calf. Each day a hundred thousand rout Followed the zigzag calf about, And o'er his crooked journey went The traffic of a continent. A hundred thousand men were led By one calf near three centuries dead.
1054. oldal - Within five days after taking up an estray, notice, containing a full description thereof, shall be posted up in three of the most public places in the township ; and...
89. oldal - One day through the primeval wood, a calf walked home as good calves should; But made a trail all bent askew, a crooked trail as all calves do.
89. oldal - And from that day, o'er hill and glade, Through those old woods a path was made. And many men wound in and out, And dodged and turned and bent about And uttered words of righteous wrath Because 'twas such a crooked path But still they followed — do not laugh The first migrations of that calf...
91. oldal - If a road between two places ten miles apart were made to curve so that the eye could nowhere see farther than a quarter of a mile of it at once, its length would exceed that of a perfectly straight road between the same points by only about one hundred and fifty yards.* * Sganzin, p.
1044. oldal - ... be fined in a sum not less than five hundred dollars, nor more than one thousand dollars, at the discretion of the court taking cognizance thereof.
76. oldal - A small lever (J), carrying a brass pencil (K) at its free end, is connected to the side of the cross-head by a link motion, arranged so that it gives a vertical movement to the pencil six times as great as the movement of the cross-head. The pencil is pressed against a drum (A), and its movement is recorded on a slip of silicated paper fastened thereon. The drum is moved...
90. oldal - For men are prone to go it blind Along the calf-paths of the mind, And work away from sun to sun To do what other men have done. They follow in the beaten track, And out and in, and forth and back, And still their devious course pursue. To keep the path that others do.