Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action adm'r administrator affidavit agent alleged amendment amount application assigned attorney attorney at law bill BLECKLEY bond certiorari charged the jury Chief Justice claim claimant Code complainant contract cotton counsel court erred court of equity court of ordinary creditors debt debtor declaration decree deed defendant in error defendant's demurrer dismissed entitled equity evidence execution executor facts favor fendant filed fraud Furlow Georgia Reports granted ground guardian homestead Ibid indorsement injunction issue J. C. Alexander JACKSON Judge Judgment affirmed land Let the judgment levy liable lien mechanic's lien ment mortgage motion notice opinion ordinary overruled paid parties payment person plaintiff in error plea pleaded possession purchase money question Railroad Company received record recover refused rendered rent res adjudicata rule Savannah sheriff sold statute sued suit Superior Court Term thereof tion trial trust verdict wife witness Worrill
255. oldal - ... not, for that cause, be deemed to be dissolved ; but it shall be lawful, on any other day, to hold and make an election of directors in such manner as shall have been regulated by the laws and ordinances of the said corporation.
560. oldal - There shall be exempt from levy and sale, by virtue of any process whatever under the laws of this State, except as hereinafter excepted of the property of every head of a family, or guardian, or trustee of a family of minor children, or every aged...
255. oldal - Not less than seven directors shall constitute a board for the transaction of business, of whom the president shall always be one, except in case of sickness, or necessary absence, in which case his place may be supplied by any other director, whom he, by writing under his hand, shall nominate for the purpose.
544. oldal - If the plaintiff by ordinary care could have avoided the consequences to himself caused by the defendant's negligence, he is not entitled to recover. But in other cases, the defendant is not relieved, although the plaintiff may in some way have contributed to the injury sustained.
330. oldal - Broom's Legal Maxims (8th Ed.) 193. This results from the application of the maxim, "Ubi jus ibi remedium," which finds expression in our Code, where it is declared that "for every right there shall be a remedy, and every court having jurisdiction of the one may, if necessary, frame the other.
65. oldal - But the language of the learned Judge who delivered the opinion of the Court in that case is conclusive on the point of a mortgage. "The United States," said he, "are to be first satisfied; but then it must be out of the debtor's estate.
257. oldal - Directors should not be made on any day when pursuant to this Act it ought to have been made, the said Corporation shall not for that cause be deemed to be dissolved, but it...
516. oldal - ... a verdict for the plaintiff for the full amount of the note as it stood.
454. oldal - Respondent moved for a new trial on the grounds that the verdict was contrary to the weight of the evidence, that it was a compromise verdict, and that the damages allowed were inadequate.
239. oldal - That no statements, promises or information made or given by or to the person soliciting or taking this application for a policy, or by or to any other person, shall be binding on the company, or in any manner affect its rights, unless such statements, promises or information be reduced to writing, and presented to the officers of the company, at the home office, in this application.