Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Six Steps to Honor, Or Great Truths Illustrated (Classic Reprint)
H. P. Andrews
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2017
answer appeared asked bear beautiful became become began better Bible blessing called carry child dear desire disobedience Edward energy eyes father fear feel felt friends George girl give gone grow hand happy hard hear heard heart Henry honest honor hope James John keep kind knew laugh learned little boy lived looked mean morning mother never night obey once opened parents passed pious play poor pray readers refused replied resolved rich Samuel seemed side smile soon sorrow speak spirit stand step stone stood suppose sure talk teacher tears tell things thought told took tree true truth turned village walk wanted wicked Willie wish wrong young
105. oldal - If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there; If I make my bed in hell, behold thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, And thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, "Surely the darkness shall cover me"; Even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; But the night shineth as the day; The darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
142. oldal - As the partridge sitteth on eggs, and hatcheth them not; so he that getteth riches, and not by right, shall leave them in the midst of his days, and at his end shall be a fool.
248. oldal - Never give up ! there are chances and changes Helping the hopeful a hundred to one, And through the chaos High Wisdom arranges Ever success, — if...
248. oldal - NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER give up ! it is wiser and better Always to hope, than once to despair; Fling off the load of Doubt's cankering fetter, And break the dark spell of tyrannical care: Never give up ! or the burden may sink you — Providence kindly has mingled the cup, And in all trials or troubles, bethink you, The watchword of life must be, Never give up...
298. oldal - I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths. When thou goest, thy steps shall not be straitened ; and when thou runnest thou shalt not stumble.
248. oldal - Ever success, — if you'll only hope on : Never give up! for the wisest is boldest, Knowing that Providence mingles the cup, And of all maxims the best, as the oldest, Is the true watchword of, Never give up. "Never give up! though the grape-shot may rattle, Or the full thunder-cloud over you burst: Stand like a rock, — and the storm or the battle Little shall harm you, though doing the worst: Never give up! if adversity presses, Providence wisely has mingled the cup, And the best counsel in all...
243. oldal - I never had a book in my life, sir." " And who was your schoolmaster?
240. oldal - Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings ; he shall not stand before mean men...
282. oldal - I only wish that every grown-up person in England knew as much as she did. But I must try and tell you some of them. She talked to me about sin ; how it first came into the world, when Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit, and how it was to be seen everywhere now.