Sleep to be Sexy, Smart, & Slim: Get the Best Sleep of Your Life Tonight and Every Night
Penguin, May 14, 2009 - Health & Fitness - 256 pages
Based on interviews with more than 100 of the country's top sleep experts, Sleep to Be Sexy, Smart, and Slim provides women with an understanding of the issues surrounding sleep and offers hundreds of solutions, tips, and strategies for dealing with their unique sleep challenges.
The book is organized into six sections:
* Introduction: Discusses how sleep affects every part of your life from sex to IQ to energy to aging.
* Part 1-Do You Have a Sleep Problem? Quizzes to let you determine your sleep style and how much sleep is enough.
* Part 2-Surefire Strategies for Getting a Good Night's Sleep: Solutions that are most appropriate for your sleep type. You'll be surprised at the number of things you can do to eliminate sleep interrupters.
* Part 3-Sleep Saboteurs: The most common sleep problems or challenges- with testimonials from women who share both their problem and personal tricks.
* Part 4-The New Meds: A thumbs up, thumbs down look at the new meds. Doctors are quick to prescribe sleep aids but that's a temporary fix. This section lists the top-selling sleeping pills and their sometimes bizarre side effects.
* Resources: Provides a state-by-state listing of sleep centers, websites, and helpful information.
The thoroughly researched, concise information in this book is written in a lively, engaging style and delivers the latest research solutions that will let every woman realize the book's promise: Get a good night's sleep, and you will feel sexier, smarter, and slimmer.
What people are saying - Write a review
Sleep to be sexy, smart, and slim: get the best sleep of your life tonight and every nightUser Review - Not Available - Book Verdict
Health writer Michaud (Total Health for Women) and Reader's Digest health director Bain make a convincing case for the serious impact sleep deprivation has on women's health-including weight gain ... Read full review
Survival in a 247 Culture
The Trend toward Sleep Deprivation
How Bad Is It?
Whats Your Sleep Style?
Timing Is All
Feather Your Nest
Simplify Your Life
Hijacking Your Bodys Ability to Heal
The 247 Woman
Sleeping for Two
Planning Your Strategy
Out of Control
Take Your Meds
Eat Drink and Have Cookies Low Fat of Course
See an Expert
Change Your Ways
Restless Bed Partners
Taking Stress to Bed
Too Many Consequences
The Tyranny of Hard Wiring
A Time of Turbulent Emotions
The Biochemistry of Grief
What Triggers a Nightmare?
When Nightmares Are a Sign of Danger
Syncing into a New Time Zone
Finding the True Fix
Antidepressants and Antihistamines