- Perfect for school reports on Spain.
- Fits well into geography and social studies curricula.
- An original country map with labels that match the text is included.
- Includes an index, a glossary, and For Further Reading section with related books and web sites to encourage students to explore.
National Social Studies Standards, Grades K-4
- Culture: I
- Describe ways in which language, stories, folktales, etc., serve as expressions of culture and influence behavior of people living in a particular culture.
- People, Places, and Environments: III
- Interpret, use, and distinguish various representations of the earth, such as maps.
- Global Connections: IX
- Explore ways that language, art, music, belief systems, and other cultural elements may facilitate global understanding or lead to misunderstanding.
- Time, Continuity, and Change: II
- Demonstrate an ability to use correct vocabulary associated with time; identify examples of change; recognize examples of cause and effect relationships.
- Power, Authority, and Governance: VI
- Give examples of how government does or does not provide for the needs and wants of people.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Living on a Peninsula
A Glorious History
Making a New Spain
3 other sections not shown
Africa American Southwest amphitheater ancient apple armies Atlantic Ocean back to Spain Barcelona Basques Bean Beautiful bullfighter bulls businesses called Canary Islands cape Christian Christmas Christopher Columbus cities Civil coast colonies conquered Coronado country's countryside Cuba cuisine culture Dams dance defeated delicious Don Quixote enclave enjoy Europe exhibit Explorer Famous festivals fierce Fifth Fighting Flamenco Francisco Franco futbol growing Hintz holidays Hydroelectric Images Irish kill King Ferdinand King Juan Carlos literary live London Madrid matador meal Mediterranean Sea Merchant Mexico Miguel monarchy Moors mountain National northern northwest numerous Online Pablo Picasso paintings parliamentary peninsula piece of land plateau populated Press produce Publishers Queen Isabella Regional responsibilities rich rivers Roman ruined ruler seafood sell ships soldiers Spaniards Spanish Strait of Gibraltar terrible territories throughout the country throughout the world traveled wine written