Sport Management: Principles and Applications
Sport Management: principles and application second edition provides a comprehensive introduction to the practical application of management principles within sport organisations, ideal for all students studying sport management at an introductory level. It presents an international balanced view between accepted practice and what research evidence tells us about the application of a range of management principles and practices in sport.
Structured in two parts it:
* offers an introduction and explanation of the structure of the sport industry
* covers the fundamental management issues unique to sport including: strategy, human resource management, leadership, finance, marketing, governance and performance management
Each chapter has a coherent learning structure complete with international case studies and accompanying online lecturer and student support material which:
* presents a conceptual overview of the focus for the chapter
* presents accepted practice supported by specific organisational examples at the community, state/provincial, national and professional level, these organisations will include examples specifically from the UK, Australia and New Zealand
* presents one big case for analysis per chapter, which is supported by online diagnostics and tutor resource materials
* presents research findings from around the globe
* presents a summary of guiding principles for the focus of the chapter based on a balanced view of practice and research
* presents a section of teaching and learning resources including a review questions, further reading, relevant websites
* provides online access to PowerPoints per chapter, tutorial activities per chapter and test bank of multiple choice questions for students per chapter
So, if you are teaching or studying sport management this really is the first book which you need on your shelf as it provides the foundation for your studies. This second edition is set to make your teaching and studying easier, superior and more successful!
* The much anticipated second edition of this established and successful text, which offers the complete package for all sport management lecturers and students
* Includes all new case material, examples and chapters from the UK, European and Asia-Pacific - making the text completely relevant to the UK and Australian markets
* All new lecturer and companion materials include: PowerPoints per chapter, tutorial activities, test banks for students and a set of diagnostic and teaching notes on the cases for lecturers
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Other editions - View all
activities analysis assets associations athletes Australia Australian Football League Australian Sports Commission basketball behaviour brand budget Champions League Championships chapter coaches and officials commercial competition competitor analysis consumers corporate costs cricket decision-making elite employees ensure example fans Football League funding global governing bodies groups hockey Hockey Canada human resource management identified important involved leaders leadership Li Ning measures million Nike non-profit organizations non-profit sport organizations Olympic Games operations organization’s organizational culture organizational structure paid staff participation performance management players playing Practice Premier League professional sport profit programmes promotion responsibility revenue role sector social sponsors sponsorship sport clubs sport development Sport England sport events sport governing bodies sport industry Sport Management sport marketing stakeholders strategic management strategy success television tennis theory UEFA values volunteers Walt Disney Company