What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Other editions - View all
10's altered 10’s letter 10’s old plate 10’s payable 130 Broadway 2’s let 20s let 3's letter F 3's old plate 5's altered 5's dated 5's let 5's letter 5's pay 5's payable altered from 1's altered notes August Baltimore bank of Alexandria Cash Cashier City bank CoMMERCIAL BANK counterfeit County bank date unknown dated 1st dated Jan dated July dated June dated March dated Nov dated Oct dated Sept engraved Farmers Franklin Bank genuine notes John let A dated let A pay let F let pay let unknown letter and date letter D letter unknown Mechanics Merchants New-York Orleans paper particulars unknown pay to H payable to bearer payable to D payable to H payable unknown Philadelphia Pittsburgh Pres President Richmond S. J. SYLVESTER Salem signed Smith true bill U. S. branch Union bank unk'n various dates vignette Walter Mead Warren bank Yates
Page 3 - ... extends across the front of the portico, nearly in a line with the front of the building. The columns support an entablature of about six feet in height, upon which rests the third story, making a height of about 60 feet from the ground.
Page 3 - Insurance offices — that on the right to the Niagara Company, and that on the left to the Union. Immediately in the rear of the former, the office of the National Insurance Company is located, and the rooms in the rear of the latter are occupied by the editors of the Daily Advertiser. Both have doors communicating...
Page 3 - Wall street, of 115 feet, and is three stories high, exclusive of the basement, which is considerably elevated. Its southwest front in Exchange-street is 114 feet long, and three stories high, including the basement, which is only one step above the pavement. The Wall-street front is the principal one and is built entirely of white Westehester marble.
Page 3 - In the second story is a saloon for auction sales ; also a room for the Board of Brokers and the Chamber of Commerce. The building was begun on the first of April 1825, and completed in July 1827. The i'Un fur whollv that of Mr.
Page 2 - ... for by many of his patrons in preference to a Newspaper. From his experience for many years as an EXCHANGE BROEER, and as the publisher of
Page 3 - ítscending to the portico, three doors open to the vestibule in front, while one on either hand opens into Insurance offices, Sic.
Page 13 - Thn tace in the viírneiie is not sufficiently expressive, and the eyes are too round and full.
Page 15 - Nov. 1, 1823—Observe in the bad notes the letter t in the words ' to pay