System Center Service Manager 2010 Unleashed
Sams Publishing, Aug 3, 2011 - Computers - 768 pages
System Center Service Manager 2010 offers enterprises a complete, integrated platform for adopting and automating service management best practices, such as those found in ITIL and Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF). Now, there’s a comprehensive, independent reference and technical guide to this powerful product.
A team of expert authors offers step-by-step coverage of related topics in every feature area, organized to help IT professionals quickly plan, design, implement, and use Service Manager 2010. After introducing the product and its relationship with the rest of Microsoft’s System Center suite, the authors present authoritative coverage of Service Manager’s capabilities for incident and problem resolution, change control, configuration management, and compliance. Readers will also find expert guidance for integrating Service Manager with related Microsoft technologies.
This book is an indispensable resource for every IT professional planning, installing, deploying, and/or administering Service Manager, including ITIL, MOF, and other IT consultants; system administrators; and developers creating customized solutions.
• Understand Service Manager’s architecture and components
• Discover how Service Manager supports ITIL and MOF processes
• Accurately scope and specify your implementation to reflect organizational needs
• Plan to provide redundancy, ensure scalability, and support virtualization
• Design, deploy, and maintain Service Manager with security in mind
• Use Service Manager’s consoles and portals to provide the right resources to each user
• Create complete service maps with Service Manager’s business services
• Fully automate incident management and ticketing
• Implement best processes for identifying and addressing root causes of problems
• Systematically manage the life cycle of changes
• Use Service Manager to strengthen governance, risk management, and compliance
• Customize Service Manager’s data layer, workflows, and presentation layer
• Use management packs to simplify service desk customization
• Make the most of Service Manager’s reporting and dashboards