T-Shirt And Genes

Front Cover
Random House, Dec 31, 2011 - Fiction - 416 pages
2 Reviews

THE AVERAGE MALE IS 98% CHIMPANZEE... THE OTHER 2% ISN'T SO SMART

As far as science teacher Charlie Ellis's love-life goes, chaos is more than just a theory. Caught giving his fiancée Deborah an out-of-hours practical biology lesson (so to speak) in the staffroom one parents' night, Charlie suddenly finds himself single, unemployed and lost in a thoroughly unscientific world of blind dates, blind lust and blind panic.

If only this relationship stuff wasn't so complicated, if only there was some logic to it - a scientist like Charlie might stand more of a chance. Because Charlie likes things ordered, and, well, scientific... Charlie begins to research this crazy little thing called love and comes up with some very surprising data indeed. Science has some very strict ideas about what men find sexy, what women find sexy and what this whole sexiness thing is for...

But they're just theories, right? You're not supposed to put them into practice. Are you?

What people are saying - Write a review

LibraryThing Review

User Review  - Nataliec7 - LibraryThing

I quite liked this book. I wasn't sure what to expect but didved into it with an open mind. I was constantly willing Charles to tell the truth and the hings he did made me cringe a times. i did like the way he thought though and it made me laugh out loud at point. Worthy of a read. Read full review

LibraryThing Review

User Review  - jayne_charles - LibraryThing

My copy was one of those cheaply produced books, slightly smaller than average, where the text travels right into the gully between the pages making it a struggle to read. About sixty pages in I ... Read full review

Other editions - View all

About the author (2011)

Richard Asplin works at Books Etc in London. This is his first novel.

Bibliographic information