Thorough, in-depth treatment, expert analysis of the issues, laws, regulations, cases and rulings that govern federal income taxation of operations involving minerals other than oil and gas.
Includes detailed coverage of:
• Prerequisites to and computation of the depletion deduction
• Mineral properties and aggregations
• Exploration and development expenses
• Depreciation, investment credit and tax preference items
• The alternative minimum tax
• Sales, leases and exchanges of mineral property
• Lease payments unrelated to production
• Production payments
• Sharing arrangements
• Partnerships and corporations
• Operations on American Indian lands
• Foreign operations
• Canadian income taxation
First published in 1981.