The Anatomy of Addiction: What Science and Research Tell Us About the True Causes, Best Preventive Techniques, and Most Successful Treatments
A groundbreaking, science-based approach to addiction that addresses it as the chronic brain disease it is and offersa proven lifelong treatment plan.
In The Anatomy of Addiction, readers will discover information and advice on:
- normal vs. problem drinking
- new medications that are now available
- medical and psychiatric complications of different addictions
- the importance of treaing a dual diagnosis (such as addiction and borderline personality disorder or depression)
- maintenance therapy
- when and how to seek treatment, and the roles family members should play
- effective strategies for treating the teenage addict
- inpatient and outpatient treament services
Using proven research and methods, top addiction professional Akikur Mohammad, MD, addresses how to understand and treat multiple types of addiction, from heroin and opiates to alcohol and prescription pills.
As engaging as it is informative, The Anatomy of Addiction is a crucial, science-based action plan to help addicts--and their families, friends, and caregivers--conquer addiction once and for all.
What people are saying - Write a review
THE ANATOMY OF ADDICTION: What Science and Research Tell Us About the True Causes, Best Preventive Techniques, and Most Successful TreatmentsUser Review - Kirkus
A lucid examination of addiction and treatment from a neurobiological perspective. Mohammad, a veteran addiction specialist and founder of Inspire Malibu Treatment Center, believes alcohol and drug ... Read full review
I would have put more weight in it if the book had been edited properly. They are such unfortunates is There are such unfortunates. I rather thing that's a Freudian slip...
Other editions - View all
The Anatomy of Addiction: What Science and Research Tell Us about the True ...
No preview available - 2017