Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action Admiral afterwards Amphion appeared appointed army arrived attack attention Bakerian Lecture became Bewick British Cattaro character Church Colonel command Court daughter Davy death died discovery Duke duty Earl early Edinburgh elected eminent enemy engaged engraved father favour Fletcher formed Francis Plowden French friends frigate gentleman Gentleman's Magazine Ghadamis honour House India island John Kempe labours Lady late Lecture letter Lieutenant London Lord Lord Cornwallis Lordship Majesty's Major-General manner March married memoir ment mind nature never Observations obtained occasion officer Parliament period person philosopher possession present published rank received Reeves regiment remarkable respect retired returned to England royal medal Royal Society Scotland Seringapatam ship Sierra Leone Sir Edward West Sir Humphry Sir William soon squadron succeeded success talents Thomas Bewick Timbuctoo tion took Tripoli troops volume William Kempe Wollaston
415. oldal - And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the Word of His grace, Which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.
180. oldal - Time made thee what thou wast, king of the woods ; And time hath made thee what thou art — a cave For owls to roost in.
288. oldal - Thoughts on the English Government — addressed to the quiet good sense of the people of England...
221. oldal - Essays on the Lives and Writings of Fletcher of Saltoun and the Poet Thomson: Biographical, critical, and political.
59. oldal - ... in a state of intense activity ; and a platina wire, communicating with the positive side, was brought in contact with the upper surface of the alkali. The whole apparatus was in the open atmosphere.
62. oldal - In sciences kindred to chemistry, the knowledge of the nature of the alkalies, and the analogies arising in consequence, will open many new views; they may lead to the solution of many problems in geology, and shew that agents may have operated in the formation of rocks and earths which have not hitherto been suspected to exist.
8. oldal - Flora struck her colours, and at 12 the Bellona followed her example. The enemy to windward now endeavoured to make off, but were followed up as close as the disabled state of his Majesty's ships would admit of, and the Active and Cerberus...
164. oldal - For the repeated thanks and grants bestowed upon you by this house, in gratitude for your many and eminent services, you have thought fit this day to offer us your acknowledgments; but this nation well knows that it is still largely your debtor. It owes to you the proud satisfaction, that amidst the constellation of illustrious warriors, who have recently visited our country...