Book of Common Prayer: And Administration of the Sacraments, and Other Rites and Ceremonies of the Church, According to the Use of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the United States of America; Together with the Psalter, Or Psalms of David
New-York Bible and Common Prayer Book Society, 1879 - 580 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according ALMIGHTY Amen Answer appointed behold believe beseech thee Bishop blessed blood body bring brought called cast Christ our Lord Church Collect comfort commandments death deliver desire dwell earth enemies Epistle everlasting evil eyes faith Father fear flesh forgive give given glory Gospel grace grant hand hath hear heard heart heaven heavenly Holy Ghost humbly Israel Jesus Christ John judge keep King kingdom land Lesson light live look Lord Jesus Minister Morning mouth Name peace Persons praise Prayer present Priest promise Psalm receive rejoice righteousness Saint saith salvation Saviour sing sins soul speak Spirit stand strength Sunday thanks thine things thou art thou hast thou shalt thy holy thy Name thy servant trouble trust truth turn ungodly unto the LORD unto thee voice
114. oldal - Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
176. oldal - LOOKED, and lo, a Lamb stood on the Mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's Name written in their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of 'many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder : and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps : and they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders ; and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed...
71. oldal - And behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying; Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David ! my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying; Send her away, for she crieth after us. But he answered and said; I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
130. oldal - And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal : and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind. And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle. And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him ; and they were full of eyes within : and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty,...
115. oldal - For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully. For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.
523. oldal - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice : and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him : for they know his voice. And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee...
520. oldal - Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning ; and ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding ; that when he cometh and knocketh, they -may open unto him immediately. Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching : verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them. And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and...
104. oldal - Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son ! Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother ! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.
222. oldal - Thy fatherly goodness mercifully to accept this our sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving ; most humbly beseeching Thee to grant, that by the merits and death of Thy SON JESUS CHRIST, and through faith in His blood, we and all Thy whole Church may obtain remission of our sins, and all other benefits of His passion.