The Book of Common Prayer, and Administration of the Sacraments, and Other Rites and Ceremonies of the Church, According to the Use of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the United States of America: Together with the Psalter, Or Psalms of David
W.B. Gilley, 1819 - 304 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according Almighty Amen answered behold believe beseech thee Bishop bless blood body bring brought called cast Church Collect comfort command death deliver desire dwell earth enemies everlasting evil eyes face faith Father fear foes give given glory God's Gospel grace grant hand hath hear heard heart heaven Holy Ghost hope HYMN Israel Jesus Christ judge judgment keep King kingdom land light live look Lord mercy mighty mind Minister Morning mouth night peace praise Prayer present Priest Psalm receive rejoice righteous saints saith salvation sing sins song soul speak Spirit stand strength thanks thine things thou art thou hast thou shalt thy holy thy name tongue trouble trust truth turn unto thee voice wicked wrath
86. oldal - Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath aught against thee; leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison. Verily I say unto...
37. oldal - BLESSED Lord, who hast caused all holy Scriptures to be written for our learning; Grant that we may in such wise hear them, read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest them, that by patience and comfort of thy holy Word, we may embrace, and ever hold fast, the blessed hope of everlasting life, which thou hast given us in our Saviour Jesus Christ.
99. oldal - Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely : and this is his name whereby he shall be called, The Lord our Righteousness.
42. oldal - When they had heard the king, they departed ; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was. When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy. And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him : and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.
78. oldal - If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; even the Spirit of truth ; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him : but ye know him ; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
49. oldal - For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
105. oldal - But who may abide the day of his coming ! and who shall stand when he appeareth ? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fuller's soap. And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver : and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness.
70. oldal - Then she runneth and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple whom Jesus loved, and saith unto them, They have taken away the Lord out of the sepulchre, and we know not where they have laid him.
24. oldal - ALMIGHTY and most merciful Father ; We have erred and strayed from thy ways like lost sheep : We have followed too much the devices and desires of our own hearts : We have offended against thy holy laws : We have left undone those things which we ought to have done ; And we have done those things which we ought not to have done ; And there is no health in us.
21. oldal - Father before all worlds ; God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God, Begotten, not made, Being of one substance with the Father ; By whom all things were made ; Who, for us men, and for our salvation, came down from heaven, And was incarnate by the Holy Ghost of the Virgin Mary, And was made man, And was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate. He suffered and was buried...