Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affections angels apostle appear become believe blessed blood body brethren bring brought called cause character Christian church consider conversion darkness death desire divine duty earth enter eternal everlasting evil faith Father fear feel followers give given glory God's Gospel grace hand happiness hath hear heart heaven holy honour hope human importance Jesus Christ Judge kingdom knowledge labour light live look Lord matter means mind ministers moral nature never observe ourselves pass peace perfect persons poor possess prayer preaching present principle promise providence reason receive redeemed regard religion remember rich righteous salvation Saviour Scripture seen servants sinners sins society soul speak spirit stand suffer tell thee things thou thought true truth unto wash whole wisdom
408. oldal - But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with ? They say unto him, We are able.
87. oldal - My lord delayeth his coming ; and shall begin to beat the men-servants, and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken ; the lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware ; and will cut -him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
377. oldal - Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.
50. oldal - Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from «• following after thee, for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge. Thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God. Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried. The Lord do so to me, and more also, if aught but death part thee and me.
232. oldal - So after He had washed their feet, and had taken His garments, and was set down again, He said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you ? Ye call Me, Master, and Lord ; and ye say well, for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet ; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
113. oldal - Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance; "knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me. " Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance.
332. oldal - Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is : For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green ; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.
89. oldal - Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not. Woe unto thee, Chorazin ! woe unto thee, Bethsaida ! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.
70. oldal - Albeit that Good Works, which are the fruits of Faith, and follow after Justification, cannot put away our sins, and endure the severity of God's judgment; yet are they pleasing and acceptable to God in Christ, and do spring out necessarily of a true and lively Faith; insomuch that by them a lively Faith may be as evidently known as a tree discerned by the fruit.
60. oldal - Wherefore, whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.