Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
altar Anabaptists ancient Anglican apostles Archbishop archbishop of Paris authority beautiful Bible Bishop blessed brethren brother called Calvinistic Catholic Church century character charity Christ Christian clergy communion congregation conscience death devoted diocese divine doctrine duties ecclesiastical enemies England erected established Evansville Journal faith Father feeling France French Geneviève German glory hands heart heaven holy honour hundred infidelity institutions irreligion Jesuits Jesus John Sobieski July revolution labour land late Lazarists learning liberty Lord Luther Lutheran matter mind mission missionaries monks moral Nanterre never Pantheism Paris peace persecution piety political poor Pope prayer present priest principle Protestant Protestantism Prussia readers received reformation religion religious Rome sacred saint Schmoll schools Scriptures sects society Society of Jesus soul spirit testimony thing tion truth Vincent of Paul virtue whole words worship zeal
96. oldal - OUR Lord Jesus Christ, who hath left power to his church to absolve all sinners who truly repent and believe in him, of his great mercy forgive thee thine offences ! And by his authority committed to me, I absolve thee from all thy sins, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.
96. oldal - Here shall the sick person be moved to make a special confession of his sins, if he feel his conscience troubled with any weighty matter.
240. oldal - Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own steadfastness.
57. oldal - The spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath chosen me to preach the gospel to the poor : he hath sent me to heal the broken-hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, and to set at liberty them that are bruised.
332. oldal - The school-boy whips his taxed top ; the beardless youth manages his taxed horse with a taxed bridle, on a taxed road ; and the dying Englishman, pouring his medicine, which has paid...
96. oldal - Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee in the unity of the same Holy Spirit, world without end. Amen. f When this Prayer is done, the Bishop with the Priests present shall lay their hands severally upon the head of every one that receiveth the Order of Priesthood...
650. oldal - ... grown so crazy and stiff in his joints that he can now do little more than sit in his cave's mouth, grinning at pilgrims as they go by, and biting his nails because he cannot come at them.
179. oldal - Declared and sett forth) that noe person or persons whatsoever within this Province, or the Islands, Ports, Harbors, Creekes, or havens thereunto belonging professing to believe in Jesus Christ, shall from henceforth bee any waies troubled, Molested or discountenanced for or in respect of his or her religion nor in the free exercise thereof within this Province or the Islands thereunto belonging nor any way compelled to the beleife or exercise of any other Religion against his or her consent...