The Chambers Thesaurus
Martin H. Manser
Chambers, 2004 - Reference - 1127 pages
This comprehensive, up-to-date word ﬁnder draws on the resources of its renowned companion volume, The Chambers Dictionary, to present a rich range of words in a clear and accessible format.
This easy-to-use reference includes
• more than 420,000 synonyms and antonyms
• an A–Z list of headwords for easy reference
• new, up-to-date vocabulary, as well as many rare and archaic terms
• hundreds of panels on the nuances of synonyms to help with choosing the right word for the right occasion
• boxes listing related words (such as types of dog or medical terms)
• valuable help with words that can be confused (such as affect and effect)
and other points of usage
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.