Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
already appears authority become believe better Bible called century character Christian Church civilization claim common complete course criticism divine doctrine duty Egypt England English equal expression fact faith feeling followed force give given hand Hebrew hope human ideas important influence inspiration institution intelligent interest Italy Jesus king labor language least less literature living matter means mind moral nature never once opinion original perfect period philosophy political poor position practical present prophets question reason received regard religion religious respect seems sense side social soul spirit success theology theory thing thought tion translation true truth University volume whole woman women writers
22. oldal - NEVERTHELESS the dimness shall not be such as was in her vexation, when at the first he lightly afflicted the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, and afterward did more grievously afflict her by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, in Galilee of the nations. 2 The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light : they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.
368. oldal - I am compelled to declare it as my deliberate opinion that if this bill passes, the bonds of this Union are virtually dissolved; that the States which compose it are free from their moral obligations, and that as it will be the right of all, so it will be the 'duty of some, to prepare definitely for a separation, amicably if they can, violently if they must.
183. oldal - Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities.
351. oldal - Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
150. oldal - Thou shall love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment And the second is like unto it, Thou shall love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
30. oldal - Westward the course of empire takes its way. The four first acts already past, A fifth shall close the drama with the day. Time's noblest offspring is the last.
182. oldal - Though ye have lien among the pots, yet shall ye be as the wings of a dove covered with silver, and her feathers with yellow gold.
23. oldal - And he saw a chariot with a couple of horsemen, a chariot of asses, and a chariot of camels...
21. oldal - Amos, what seest thou?" And I said, "A basket of summer fruit." Then said the Lord unto me, "The end is come upon my people of Israel; I will not again pass by them any more.