Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
allow appear authority become believe Bible Society bishop blessing body called cause character Christ Christian church circumstances clergy committee common conduct considered copies death desire Divine doctrine duty effect England established evil expressed fact faith Father fear feel friends give Gospel grace hand heart Holy hope human important influence institution interest Jesus labours late learned least less letter living look Lord matter means meeting mind minister nature necessary never object Observer opinion party passage passed persons practice prayer preaching present principle question readers reason received reform regard religion religious remarks respecting Scriptures shew Socinians soul speak spirit things thought tion true truth turn unto whole wish write
329. oldal - Therefore also now, saith the Lord, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning: and rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the Lord your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.
300. oldal - Thou preparedst room before it, and didst cause it to take deep root, and it filled the land. The hills were covered with the shadow of it, and the boughs thereof were like the goodly cedars. She sent out her boughs unto the sea, and her branches unto the river.
535. oldal - I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
447. oldal - Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils ; speaking lies in hypocrisy ; having their conscience seared with a hot iron ; forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
446. oldal - For when they shall say ; Peace and safety, then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child, and they shall not escape.
186. oldal - The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
329. oldal - Cast away from you all your transgressions whereby ye have transgressed ; and make you a new heart and a new spirit...
445. oldal - And there shall be signs in the sun and in the moon and in the stars, and upon the earth distress of nations with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring, men's hearts failing them for fear and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth ; for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.