The Constitution of the Reformed Dutch Church in the United-States of America: With an Appendix, Containing Rules and Orders of the General Synod, from 1794 to 1815
G. Forman, 1815 - 272 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Acts adopted Amen apostle appear appointed baptism become believe blessed blood body bread christian church Classis command confess congregation consider Consistory continue Deacons death delivered doctrine doth duty earth Elders elect eternal examination faith Father flesh give given glory gospel grace hand hast hath hearts heaven held Holy Ghost instituted Jesus Christ John judge keep live Lord Lord Jesus Christ LORD'S DAY manner means meeting Ministers ministry nature necessary obtain ourselves particular Passed persons prayer preach present preserve President Professors promise proper punishment reason receive Reformed Dutch Church require Resolved respective righteousness rule sacraments saith salvation saved scripture serve session shalt sins soul suffered supper Synod thee things thou thy holy tion true truth unto whole
104. oldal - God commendeth his love toward us in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
113. oldal - Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business. But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.
97. oldal - For I have received of the Lord, that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus, the same night in which he was betrayed, took bread: and when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
133. oldal - Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth ? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
116. oldal - Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves : for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
153. oldal - For who hath known the mind of the Lord ? or who hath been his counsellor? or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again ? For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things : to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
149. oldal - Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: according as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love : having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, ACCORDING TO THE GOOD PLEASURE OF HIS WILL...
92. oldal - And I will establish my covenant between me and thee, and thy seed after thee, in their generations, for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.