The Culturally Customized Web Site: Customizing Web Sites for the Global Marketplace
In The Culturally Customized Web Site, Nitish Singh and Arun Pereira focus on cultural aspects of international website design, honing in on three objectives:
* First, to present a review and survey results on standardization/localization issues on the web
* Second, to present a scientifically tested framework to design culturally adapted international websites, and provide marketers and web designers with practical web localization tools
* Third, to show readers the power and effectiveness of culturally customized websites
This is the first book to address the issue of website standardization, localization or what the authors refer to as cultural customization. Little evidence has been accumulated to show whether international consumers prefer to browse and buy from standardized global websites or websites adapted to local cultures. The Culturally Customized Web Site provides insights into whether the web is a culturally neutral medium of communication or a medium impregnated with cultural values. Also presented is empirical evidence as to whether local consumers prefer standardized websites or websites adapted to their culture.
* The first book to offer a scientifically developed and validated theoretical framework to culturally customize web sites
* Offers practical guidelines to marketing professionals in the international marketplace and challenges the practice of a standardized approach to global e-marketing
* Provides illustrative examples of the power of culture in influencing web browsing and online buying behavior
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Other editions - View all
Advertising Appeals Advertising Research Africa Attitude behavior brand Business chapter China collectivist collectivist societies color communication consumers Country Scores country-speciﬁc Cross-Cultural Cultural Adaptation cultural customization Cultural Values Framework customer service customized web sites deﬁnition depict designing web sites e-commerce Ecuador emphasize English example feminine FEMSA Figure ﬁgures ﬁnd ﬁve gender roles German Gudykunst Hero Honda high context cultures high power distance high uncertainty avoidance HIGH-LOW CONTEXT Hofstede Hofstede’s icons important India individual individualist Indonesia inﬂuence Internet Italy Japan Journal of Advertising Kodak language low context cultures loyalty Malaysia Marks and Spencer masculine cultures masculinity-femininity Mexico Mooij Mueller Netherlands newsletters Pollay power distance Purchase intention relevant Sage Publications signiﬁcant Singh and Baack Singh and Matsuo Spain speciﬁc country Study Switzerland Taiwan target tion translation uncertainty avoidance uncertainty avoidance cultures unique United United Arab Emirates web sites Zhao