The Cure of Deism: Or, the Mediatorial Scheme by Jesus Christ the Only True Religion ... with an Application to Paptists, Quakers, Socinians, and Scepticks. And an Appendix, in Answer to a Book Entitled The Moral Philosopher, Or a Dialogue Between a Christian Deist and a Christian Jew, in a New Method by a Country Clergyman, 2. kötet
author and sold, 1737
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according Account Action Affection againſt Agent alſo appear Author becauſe believe beſt better Body Book called Cauſe CHAP Chriſt Chriſtianity commanded common concerning conſequently conſiſts Deſign Divine Doctrines Duty eternal Evidence Evil Faculties Faith fame Favour Fear firſt follows future give Glory Goodneſs Goſpel Government greateſt Hand Happineſs Heart Heaven himſelf Holy Hope human Intereſt itſelf Jeſus Judge Judgment Knowledge known leſs Light live Lord Love Manner Means Mediator Mind moral moſt Motives muſt Myſtery Name Nature never Obedience Object Obligation obſerve particular perfect Perſons Places pleaſe poſitive Power Practice preſent Principle Publick Puniſhments Reaſon receive Relation Religion Repentance reſpect Revelation Rewards ſame ſays Scripture ſeeing Senſe ſhall ſhould Sins Society ſome Soul Spirit ſuch themſelves theſe Things thoſe tion true Truth Underſtanding unto Uſe Virtue whole Wiſdom World XVIII
155. oldal - How that by revelation He made known unto me the mystery (as I wrote afore in few words, whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his Holy Apostles and Prophets by the Spirit...
36. oldal - In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
155. oldal - But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith : 27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever.
156. oldal - Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church : whereof I am made a ' minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints : to whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory...
156. oldal - I would that ye knew what great conflict I have for you and for them at Laodicea and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh; that their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ, in whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
156. oldal - God : praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; and for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
115. oldal - ... to their immediate behaviour in society, they are apt much rather, through the whole course of their lives, to show evidently that they look on the pious narrations to be indeed no better than children's tales and the amusement of the mere vulgar."* I will not now ask ; where was the religion, but where was the civil prudence of this great patriot?
346. oldal - And behold, I come quickly, and my reward is with me, to give to every man according as his work shall be.
305. oldal - And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant : because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.