Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Acts admitted Æsculapius ages ancient apostles appears argument authority believed Bishop body born called cause century CHAPTER character Christian Christian religion church claims common considered continued death deity demonstration DIEGESIS divine doctrine earth Egypt Egyptian emperor entirely epistles Eusebius evidence existence fact faith Fathers follow give given gods gospels Greek hands heaven held historian holy honour human ignorance Italy Jesus Christ Jews John king known language Lardner learned letter lived Lord manner means mind miracles nature never observance original Pagan passage Paul persons philosophers preached present pretended priests probability quoted rational reader reason received religion respect Roman Rome sacred says scriptures sect sense sort story suffered supposed sure Testament testimony things thou tion translation true truth unto whole worship writings written
89. oldal - For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb : and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men : and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it...
105. oldal - For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel ; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness ; whose end shall be according to their works.
259. oldal - And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.
184. oldal - And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now. This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.
85. oldal - For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread...
94. oldal - And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue : Whom, when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.
131. oldal - And he arose, and took the young child and his mother, and came into the land of Israel. But when he heard that Archelaus did reign in Judea in the room of his father Herod, he was afraid to go thither: notwithstanding, being warned of God in a dream, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee: and he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, "He shall be called a Nazarene.
17. oldal - Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious. For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.