Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admiration afterwards appeared beautiful British British Museum called character Christian church Colonel Sibthorp color common court Cuzco Daguerreotype death Duke effect Emperor England English faith father favor feeling France French genius George Fox give Guizot hand happy heart honor House of Commons human Inca iodine judge kind king labor lady land Lathom House less letter light literary lived look Lord Lord Mornington Louis XVIII Menneval ment Meulan mind minister moral Napoleon nature ness never once parliament party passed perhaps person Peru poet poetical poetry political Pope Pope's present Prince racter readers remarkable royal Russia scene seems Shakspeare sion Society Somers soon soul speak spirit Talleyrand things thou thought throne tion truth ture voice whole words writing young
438. oldal - Two Voices are there ; one is of the Sea, One of the Mountains ; each a mighty Voice : In both from age to age Thou didst rejoice, They were thy chosen Music, Liberty...
17. oldal - See the wretch that long has tost On the thorny bed of pain, At length repair his vigour lost, And breathe and walk again ; The meanest floweret of the vale, The simplest note that swells the gale, The common sun, the air, the skies, To him are opening paradise.
19. oldal - Haste thee, nymph, and bring with thee Jest, and youthful Jollity, Quips, and cranks,* and wanton* wiles, Nods, and becks, and wreathed smiles, Such as hang on Hebe's cheek, And love to live in dimple sleek; Sport that wrinkled Care derides, And Laughter holding both his sides.
203. oldal - In the evening I went very unwillingly to a society in Aldersgate street, where one was reading Luther's preface to the Epistle to the Romans. About a quarter before nine, while he was describing the change which God works in the heart through faith in Christ, I felt my heart strangely warmed.
247. oldal - Eternal Hope ! when yonder spheres sublime Pealed their first notes to sound the march of Time, Thy joyous youth began — but not to fade. — When all the sister planets have decayed ; When wrapt in fire the realms of ether glow, And Heaven's last thunder shakes the world below ; Thou, undismayed shalt o'er the ruins smile, And light thy torch at Nature's funeral pile ! EOT) OF PABT SECOND.
160. oldal - Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright: at the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.
444. oldal - Of these the false Achitophel was first; A name to all succeeding ages curst: For close designs and crooked councils fit; Sagacious, bold, and turbulent of wit; Restless, unfixed in principles and place; In power unpleased, impatient of disgrace: A fiery soul, which, working out its way, Fretted the pigmy body to decay, And o'er-informed the tenement of clay.
432. oldal - And when I die, be sure you let me know Great Homer died three thousand years ago. Why did I write ? what sin to me unknown Dipt me in ink, my parents...