Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acid acid gas admiration ammonia animal appear attention Author beauty benevolence Bible Society Brahmins Calvinists cause character chlorine Christ Christian Church Church of England circumstances Claudian considerable death degree Dissenters Divine doctrine duty effect equally evil excite exhibited faith favour feel give glory happy heart Hindoos holy honour hope human idea imagination important India interest labour language less Lord Lord Byron means ment mind minister moral muriatic muriatic acid nation nature neral never object observations occasion octavo opinion perhaps persons phosphoric acid poem poet poetry possessed preached present principles probably produced proportion racter readers reason religion religious remarks respect scripture sentiments Sermons shew Slave Trade Socinianism Sonnet spirit sulphuric acid suppose taste thing thou thought tion truth Unitarians volume whole words writer
547. oldal - And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication : and upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
92. oldal - The sun shall be no more thy light by day : neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee : but the Lord shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.
170. oldal - The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for. blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
504. oldal - In vain to me the smiling mornings shine, And reddening Phoebus lifts his golden fire: The birds in vain their amorous descant join, Or cheerful fields resume their green attire. These ears, alas! for other notes repine; A different object do these eyes require; My lonely anguish melts no heart but mine; And in my breast the imperfect joys expire...
225. oldal - For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward.
438. oldal - ... but Christ being come, an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building ; neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
168. oldal - And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He heareth us. And if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him.
407. oldal - ORIENTAL MEMOIRS: selected and abridged from a Series of familiar Letters written during Seventeen Years Residence in India : including Observations on Parts of Africa and South America, and a Narrative of Occurrences in four India Voyages ; 4 vols.
56. oldal - The condition of man, after the fall of Adam, is such, that he cannot turn and prepare himself, by his own natural strength and good works, to faith, and calling upon God : wherefore we have no power to do good works pleasant and acceptable to God, without the grace of God by Christ preventing us, that we may have a good will, and working with us, when we have that good will.