Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appears beauty believe body called cause character Christ Christian Church circumstances consequence considerable considered containing continued course death Dissenters divine doctrine effect equal established evidence existence expression fact faith Fathers feeling give given hand heart hope human illustrated important influence interesting kind King language late learning less letters light living Lord manner matter means mind moral nature never object observations opinion original pass passage perhaps persons poet poetry possess practice present principles produce published question readers reason received reference regard religion remarks respect seems sense sentiments Society spirit suppose taken thing thought tion truth volume whole wish writings
32. oldal - My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee, so that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding ; if thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures ; then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.
75. oldal - Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
492. oldal - Nay, but O man, who art thou that repliest against God ? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus...
463. oldal - r I "'IS done — but yesterday a King! -*• And arm'd with Kings to strive — And now thou art a nameless thing: So abject — yet alive ! Is this the man of thousand thrones, Who strew'd our earth with hostile bones, And can he thus survive ? Since he, miscalled the Morning Star, Nor man nor fiend hath fallen so far.
120. oldal - And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads ; and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
38. oldal - Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God, for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man. " But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. "Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
129. oldal - I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book. If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book : And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city and from the things which are written in this book.
455. oldal - And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone : for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it.
325. oldal - His Lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed ; thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.