The Evidence and Authority of Divine Revelation: Being a View of the Testimony of the Law and the Prophets to the Messiah, with the Subsequent Testimonies, 2. kötet
Hamilton, Adams, and Company, 1834
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according angels apostles appear Assyria authority become believe blessings blood body born brought called cause character Christians command concerning condemnation continued covenant creature death divine doctrine earth effect Egypt entirely eternal evidence facts faith Father flesh give given glory Gospel grace hand hath heart heaven Holy human Israel Jesus Christ Jews John justice justified king kingdom land light live Lord manifest manner means Messiah mind miracles Moses nature never obedience object observed origin Paul perfect period person possessed present prophecies prophets prove punishment reason received religion remarkable represented respect revealed righteousness Roman salvation saved says Scrip Scriptures sins Spirit sufferings temple Testament testimony thee things thou tion true truth unto whole wisdom writings
347. oldal - Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you, A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you...
201. oldal - Thus saith the Lord to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut...
43. oldal - Are they Hebrews ? so am I. Are they Israelites ? so am I. Are they the seed of Abraham ? so am I. Are they ministers of Christ ? (I speak as a fool) I am more ; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.
234. oldal - Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the Son of Perdition...
347. oldal - I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear me for ever ; for the good of them, and of their children after them...
229. oldal - Thus he" said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and' shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.
312. oldal - Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ ; according as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy, and without blame before him in love : having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will...
444. oldal - For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves ; which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another ;) in the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my Gospel.
230. oldal - After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly ; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.