Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
againſt alſo appeared bill brought called carried cauſe church committee common Company continued Court death died eſq fame fire firſt fome four gave Gent give given hand head himſelf honour hope Houſe John King known Lady land laſt late learned leave letter living London Lord manner March matter means ment mentioned moſt motion moved muſt nature never noble object obſerved officers opinion Parliament peace perſon preſent principles reaſon received remarkable reſpect Royal ſaid ſame ſay ſee ſeems ſeveral ſhall ſhould ſome ſon ſubject ſuch taken thall theſe thing thoſe thought tion trade treaty URBAN uſe whole whoſe
787. oldal - ... gratitude? In what part of the continent shall we find any man, or body of men, who would not blush to stand up and propose measures, purposely calculated to rob the soldier of his stipend, and the public creditor of his due?
859. oldal - The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, becaufe he hath anointed me to preach the gofpel to the poor : he hath fent me to heal the broken-hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of fight to the blind, to fet at liberty them that are bruifed : to preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
698. oldal - The busy day, the peaceful night, Unfelt, uncounted, glided by ; His frame was firm, his powers were bright, Though now his eightieth year was nigh. " Then with no fiery throbbing pain, No cold gradations of decay, Death broke at once the vital chain, And freed his soul the nearest way.
1041. oldal - Thus groan the old, till by disease oppress'd, They taste a final woe, and then they rest. Theirs is yon House, that holds the parish poor, Whose walls of mud scarce bear the broken door; There, where the putrid vapours, flagging, play, And the dull wheel hums doleful through the day ;— There children dwell who know no parents' care; Parents, who know no children's love, dwell there!
788. oldal - Congress will recommend a proper Peace Establishment for the United States, in which a due attention will be paid to the importance of placing the Militia of the Union upon a regular and respectable footing; If this should be the case, I would beg leave to urge the great advantage of it in the strongest terms.
879. oldal - As it is necessary to assign a fixed epoch for the restitutions and the evacuations, to be made by each of the high contracting parties...
1042. oldal - And, skill'd at whist, devotes the night to play : Then, while such honours bloom around his head, Shall he sit sadly by the sick man's bed, To raise the hope he feels not, or with zeal To combat fears that e'en the pious feel?
880. oldal - ... obferved, and ought to be obferved, with regard to and on the part of powers who are in the practice and...
787. oldal - Then will they strengthen the hands of government, and be happy under its protection. Every one will reap the fruit of his...