The Geography of Tourism and Recreation: Environment, Place and Space
The fully updated second edition of The Geography of Tourism and Recreation continues to be a comprehensive and accessible introduction to tourism, leisure and recreation. Each chapter offers a distinctive series of insights into how the geographer has approached the analysis of tourism and recreation and, amongst other things, explores:
* the demand for recreation and tourism
* the supply of recreation and tourism
* the impacts of recreation and tourism
* recreation and tourism in urban, rural and coastal environments
* recreation and tourism in wilderness areas and National Parks
* recreation and tourism policy and planning
* the future of recreation and tourism and the role of geography in applied research.
Summary points and questions are included to encourage discussion among readers. The text is well illustrated with plates, maps , diagrams and new case-studies, to highlight international examples that address key concepts and issues in tourism and recreation research.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.