The History of Dickerson, Mouth of Monacacy, Oakland Mills, and Sugarloaf Mountain, MDThe fourth in a series of books by this author, this volume completes the Upper Montgomery County Villages surrounding Sugarloaf Mountain. Dickerson is a small community of farms, homes, and businesses. The village began to grow in 1869 when the Baltimore |
Contents
Residences and Buildings of Dickerson | 11 |
The History of Mouth of Monocacy | 107 |
The History of Oakland Mills | 121 |
Common terms and phrases
1999 Interview aqueduct Baltimore barn Barnesville Beall's blacksmith brick Buckeystown Bunker's Hill cabin canal Carlisle Carmel Charles collection of Robert Comus construction Cooley Cottage County Historical Society Creighton Jones Cuttler Dickerson Dronenburg Elizabeth Hicks Roberson Ephraim farm feet Frederick Frederick County Furnace George Gordon Strong Gott Hays Hempstone Henry House Built house was built Hoyle Ida Lu Brown James Jamison Johnson Jones House land later Lawrence Baker Nicholson Little Monocacy Little Monocacy River living here presently located Luhn married Mary Maryland Maurice Bo Michael Dwyer Monocacy River Monocacy Road Monocacy School Montgomery County Montgomery County Historical Mouth of Monocacy moved Nathan Oakland Mills operated parcel Paul Stream Poolesville purchased the house quarry railroad Richard Robert Jones Robert Roberson Route 28 Runkles Sellman sold station stone Stottlemyer Sugarloaf Mountain Sugarloaf Mountain Maryland summit Thomas train Trundle viaduct Warfield White Oakswamp William H



