The History of the Church of Malabar, from the Time of Its Being First Discover'd by the Portuguezes in the Year 1501: Giving an Account of the Persecutions and Violent Methods of the Roman Prelates, to Reduce Them to the Subjection of the Church of Rome. Together with the Synod of Diamper, Celebrated in the Year of Our Lord 1599. With Some Remarks Upon the Faith and Doctrine of the Christians of St. Thomas in the Indies, Agreeing with the Church of England, in Opposition to that of Rome. Done Out of Portugueze Into English
Sam. Smith, and Benj. Walford, at the Prince's-Arms in St. Paul's Church-yard, 1694 - 464 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according againſt alſo Altar Apoſtles Arch-Biſhop Arch-Deacon Babylon Baptiſm Baptized becauſe begins believe Biſhop Biſhoprick Bleſſing Blood Body Book called caſe Catholick celebrated Children Chriſt Chriſtians Church communicate condemned confirmed Conſecration contrary Council Croſs Cuſtom Deacon Death Decree deſire Dioceſs Divine Doctrine doth command Errors Excommunication Faith Father firſt Form Furthermore give given hands Heathens Heaven Hereas Hereticks himſelf Holy Infidels Jeſus King lawful live Lord Married Maſs matter means Metropolitan moſt moſt Holy Mother muſt Name Neſtorian never Obedience obliged obſerved offered Office pain Patriarch Perſon Pope Portuguezes Prayer Prelate preſent Prieſt puniſhed reaſon receive Roman Church Rome Sacrament ſaid Saints ſame ſee ſent ſeveral ſhall ſhall ſay ſhould Sins ſome Souls ſuch Synod doth themſelves therein thereof theſe things Thomas thoſe true uſe Vicars wherefore whole whoſe World
109. oldal - Son of God, Begotten of His Father before all worlds, God of God, Light of Light, Very God of very God, Begotten, not made, Being of one substance with the Father, By whom all things were made...
109. oldal - ... Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, and each of these by Himself, is God, and at the same time they are all one God; and each of them by Himself is a complete substance, and yet they are all one substance. The Father is not the Son nor the Holy Spirit; the Son is not the Father nor the Holy Spirit; the Holy Spirit is not the Father nor the Son: but the Father is only Father, the Son is only Son, and the Holy Spirit is only Holy Spirit. To all three belong the same eternity, the same unchangeableness,...
368. oldal - I will build my Church .... And I will give thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven.") 93.
263. oldal - ... parents, relatives, and friends. The last category assumes the free selection of marriage partners by the individuals themselves. Marriage Forms. There are several forms of marriage. Monogamy restricts persons to one legal or recognized spouse at a time. Polygamy is of two kinds: (1) polygyny permits...
109. oldal - Being of one fubftance with the Father, by whom all things were made : Who for us men, and for our falvation came down from heaven, And was incarnate by the Holy Ghoft of the Virgin Mary, And was made Man, And was crucified alfo for us under Pontius Pilate. He fuffered and was buried, And the third day he rofe again according to the Scriptures, and afcended into heaven, And fitteth on the right hand of the Father.
109. oldal - Church shall provide it of a proper pastor ; which being read by us, we were desirous to execute the Apostolical mandates with due reverence and obedience ; besides, that the same was incumbent on us of right (the said church having no chapter to take care of it during the vacancy of the see), as metropolitan and primate of this and all the other churches of the Indies, and the Oriental parts.
109. oldal - Salvation, came down from Heaven, and was incarnate by the Holy Ghoft of the Virgin MARY, and was made Man, and was crucified alfo for us under PONTIUS PILATE. He fuffered and was buried, and the Third Day he rofe again according to the Scriptures, and afcended into Heaven, and fitteth on the Right Hand of the Father.
357. oldal - Christ'," because this shall be the record of the love of GOD and the love of our neighbour, that we shall suffer no calamities, be in fear of no offence, but all the strife of trial ended, rest in GOD'S most perfect peace, through our LORD, Who, with the Father and the Holy Spirit, liveth and reigneth for ever and ever. Amen. 7 Rom. v. i, where "we have" 01 "let us have