The Journey Through Grief and Loss: Helping Yourself and Your Child When Grief Is Shared
When adults face a significant loss, they must grapple with their own profound grief, and they are often called upon to nurture and support their grieving children. This is the first book to address this very common dual grieving challenge. As a practicing psychotherapist for twenty-nine years, Robert Zucker can offer parents and other concerned readers important insights into managing their own grief while supporting their grieving children. He offers:
• Understanding how adults and children grieve differently
• Learning how to explain the meaning of death to children
• Knowing what to do when grief gets complicated
• Deciding when they and/or their child need counseling
• Helping their family members stay connected with loved ones even after death.
For the countless parents who have tried blocking out their own grief in order to be available to their child, Robert Zucker provides a measure of comfort. This book will reassure readers that a grieving parent can still be an effective parent.
What people are saying - Write a review
The Journey Through Grief and Loss: Helping Yourself and Your Child When Grief Is SharedUser Review - Not Available - Book Verdict
In this tender and compassionate book, social worker and bereavement specialist Zucker helps parents and children explore their grief with practical advice for the ongoing journey to healing. He ... Read full review