The Local Government Act, 1894: With an Introduction, Appendix, and Index, Forming an Epitome of the Law Relating to Parish Councils, and Showing the Alteration in the Law Relating District Councils and Boards of Guardians
Shaw & Sons, 1894 - 426 oldal
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Local Government Act, 1894: With an Introduction, Appendix, and Index ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
allotments alteration appears Appendix apply appointed authority ballot paper body borough candidate chairman charity clause clerk consent contained copy Corporations county council determine direct district council district councillors divided duties effect election enactment entitled execution exercise existing expenses fixed follows give given Government Board guardians held highway holding hundred inquiry justices land less liabilities manner matters meaning ment mentioned months Municipal necessary nomination paper Note notice otherwise overseers parish council parish councillors parish meeting parochial electors person poll poor powers present presiding proceedings proposed provisions Public Health Act qualification question reasonable referred relating respect returning officer rule rural district rural parish sanitary authority Schedule SECT separate signed situate station sub-section taken thereof tion transferred trustees union unless urban district vestry Vict vote voter ward
374. oldal - If the voter takes a ballot paper out of the polling station, or deposits in the ballot box any other paper than the one given him by the officer, he will be guilty of a misdemeanor, and be subject to imprisonment for any term not exceeding six months, with or without hard labour.
323. oldal - At the time of voting the ballot paper shall be marked on both sides with an official mark, and delivered to the voter within the polling station, and the number of such voter on the register of voters shall be marked on the counterfoil ; and the voter, having secretly marked his vote on the paper, and folded it up so as to conceal his vote...
490. oldal - ... voter to be marked on a ballot paper in manner directed by such voter, and the ballot paper to be placed in the ballot box, and the name and number on the register of voters of every voter whose vote is marked in pursuance of this rule, and the reason why it is so marked, shall be entered on a list, in this Act called " the list of votes marked by the presiding officer.
543. oldal - Any ballot paper which has not on its back the official mark, or on which votes are given to more candidates than the voter is entitled to vote for, or on which anything, except the said number on the back, is written or marked by which the voter can be identified, shall be void and not counted.
335. oldal - ... so transmitted, notwithstanding that his appointment may be otherwise valid, and any notice required to be given to an agent by the returning officer may be delivered at or sent by post to such address.
484. oldal - ... officer shall, in the presence of such agents, if any, of the candidates as may be in attendance, open the ballot boxes, and ascertain the result of die poll by counting the votes given to each candidate, and shall forthwith declare to be elected the candidates or candidate to whom the majority of votes have been given, and return their names to the Clerk of the Crown in Chancery.
490. oldal - ... elector shall be marked on the counterfoil, and a mark shall be placed in the register against the number of the elector, to denote that he has received a ballot paper, but without showing the particular ballot paper which he has received.
485. oldal - ... returning officer or an officer or clerk in attendance at a polling station, to imprisonment for any term not exceeding two years, with or without hard labour...
332. oldal - Before the returning officer proceeds to count the votes he shall, in the presence of the agents of the candidates, open each ballot box, and taking out the papers therein, shall count and record the number thereof, and then mix together the whole of the ballot papers contained in the ballot boxes.
329. oldal - The elector, on receiving the ballot paper, shall forthwith proceed into one of the compartments in the polling station, and there mark his paper, and fold it up so as to conceal his vote, and shall then put his ballot paper, so folded up, into the ballot box...