Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acid action alcohol animals Apothecaries appeared applied attended become blood body brain called cause circumstances cold College color Committee communication complaint consequence considerable considered contained continued course cure directed disease dose doubt effect employed entirely established examination exist experiments extreme fact fever fluid four frequently give given heat important increased instance interesting Journal known less London manner matter means medicine months nature necessary never object observed obtained occurred operation opinion organs pain particular passed patient period persons physic physician placenta practice practitioners present produced profession prove pulse quantity reason received remained remarks removed respect result Royal similar small-pox Society stomach substance sufficient Surgeons symptoms taken tion took treatment urine usual vaccination vomiting whole wound
412. oldal - A Practical Synopsis of Cutaneous Diseases, according to the arrangement of Dr. Willan, exhibiting a Concise View of the Diagnostic Symptoms, and the Method of Treatment, Lon., 8vo, 3d ed., 1814; 8th ed., 1836.
218. oldal - Seetla, and who has the direction of this malady) as well in my own person as by causing the father of the child to perform the like ceremonies; after which, I run the drenched string into a needle, and, drawing it through between the skin and flesh of the child's upper arm, leave it there, performing the same operation in both arms, which, always ensures an easy eruption...
500. oldal - During his short and rapid literary career, he appeared to wield the thunderbolts iii his hand, and was an object of dread and adoration, like a kind of divinity. But where is his reputation now? It has sunk, since his death, as much below the true level, as it rose above it during his life-time.
504. oldal - ... in favour of the revolution, and that he was a determined enemy to the old order of things, from which he had suffered so severely at his entrance into life. At this period he had influence enough to save the life of some men of merit: among others, of Darcet, who did not know the obligation he lay under to him till long after. At last his own life was threatened, and his influence of course utterly annihilated. During this unfortunate and disgraceful period, several of the most eminent literary...
414. oldal - a very small and acuminated elevation of the cuticle, with an inflamed base, very seldom containing a fluid or suppurating, and commonly terminating in scurf.
415. oldal - Vesicula ( Vesicle): a small orbicular elevation of the cuticle, containing lymph, which is sometimes clear and colorless, but often opaque, and whitish or pearl-colored. It is succeeded either by scurf, or by a laminated scab.
176. oldal - The Modern Practice of Physic, "exhibiting the characters, causes, symptoms, prognostics, morbid appearances, and improved method of treating the diseases of all climates"; and James Makittrick Adair's Commentaries on the Principles and Practice of Physic, "Illustrated by pathological tables and practical cases.
347. oldal - Thomas's and Guy's Hospitals. — The Winter Course of Lectures st these adjoining hospitals, will commence the beginning of October, viz. At St. Thomas's. — Anatomy and the Operations of Surgery, by Mr. Astley Cooper and Mr.