The New Applique: Innovative Techniques, Easy Projects
Appliqué involves placing one layer of fabric over another and stitching it in place. Since the sewn layer can be virtually any shape, appliqué allows for far more visual possibilities than piecing, but traditional methods can be time-consuming. This book combines popular time-saving materials and methods such as fusible web, water-soluble fabric stabilizer, and machine stitching with fresh, simple techniques to create stunning projects such as multitextured quilt blocks and pillows. Twenty-five projects explore yarn coiling, felt layering, transparent collage, chenille appliqué, and designs inspired by traditional paper-cutting techniques from around the world. Offering crafters more challenges are additional projects that combine all the above techniques into 10 very unique designs. Over 100 beautiful color illustrations and photographs clearly illuminate these projects for both new and experienced quilters and crafters.
• The 20 million quilters in the US spend a total of 1.8 billion dollars per year on quilting-related purchases
• Offers innovative approaches to traditional appliqué techniques to achieve knock-out results
• Beautiful color photography highlights each project
• Author has designed best-selling products for such companies as Bucilla, Coats and Clark, Duncan, and DMC
• Appliqué is popular among quilters and other fabric crafters because of the many creative possibilites it provides
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.