The Program Evaluation Standards: A Guide for Evaluators and Evaluation Users
Donald B. Yarbrough, Joint Committee on Standards for Educational Evaluation, Lyn M. Shulha, Rodney K. Hopson, Flora A. Caruthers
SAGE Publications, 2011 - Education - 334 pages
The Joint Committee on Standards for Educational Evaluation (JCSEE.org) is an American National Standards Institute (ANSI) accredited standards developer, sponsored by 17 North American professional organizations. With oversight from the JCSEE, Yarbrough, Schula, Hopson, and Caruthers have revised and illustrated this new edition of the Program Evaluation Standards. These thirty standards support the core attributes of evaluation quality: utility, feasibility, propriety, accuracy, and accountability, and provide guidance to anyone interested in planning, implementing, or using program evaluations.
This new edition:
- Provides extensive attention to cultures and contexts in evaluations
- Encourages reflective practice based on in-depth understanding of standards and their applications
- Suggests flexible approaches for learning how to use the standards
- Includes a new section, Evaluation Accountability, emphasizing metaevaluation for improvement and accountability guided by three new metaevaluation standards
- Includes case scenarios and applications across multiple standards to help users apply the standards individually and in concert
- Offers updated documentation reference lists.